Are you an experienced Business Developer in the training industry looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, then we have an outstanding opportunity in our Corporate Training team, based at our head-office in Brisbane.
WHO WE ARE
Rhodes Business School (RBS) is a leading Australian corporate education provider in the business, management, and associated services space and has been supporting the development of working professionals for 10 years across Australia and internationally.
RBS works to provide organisations with the tools to perform at the highest possible level through understanding core values, clients, people, and key revenue drivers. We understand that no business can successfully generate growth and product diversification unless all key functions are working together towards a common goal.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an international training organisation with a dynamic fast-moving culture. The purpose of the Rhodes Business School, Business Development Manager (Corporate) position is to drive effective solutions to medium and large corporate clients across Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria in the corporate education space.
The ideal candidate will have industry links within learning & development, human resources, and senior management, and a strong understanding of business/commercial acumen. NB. Whilst the ideal candidate will have established clients/business, some existing RBS clients (and a significant number of existing key-contacts) will be provided for the successful applicant to manage.
This role reports to the Director, Sales & Marketing with daily interaction with the Chief Operations Officer and academic team. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To support and provide advice to the Sales & Marketing Director and business development team, including the establishment of budgets, performance management, goals, and strategies for success
- To effectively manage assigned accounts to deliver sales budgets
- New business acquisition
- To manage each program to ensure outcomes are being achieved both internally and externally, including profitability
- Plan the scheduling of programs (including facilitator selection, etc) and work with the administration team to ensure reliable and highly professional delivery and achievement of the clients’ targeted learning outcomes
- To deliver effective professional presentations to clientele
- To effectively provide relevant solutions to targeted clients
- Support the marketing advice all training programs
- Liaise with selected key accounts to ensure good client relationships
- Contribute to continuous business improvement processes to support development and delivery of high-quality services for RBS
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in business and or related field
- Five plus years experience in business development and relationship management roles relating to solution-based sales
- Industry connections at middle and senior levels
- Strong understanding of business acumen
- Related experience in the corporate education sector
- Ability to work autonomously or part of a team
- High level of computer literacy as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary, commissions, etc provided on application.
If you are interested in growing your professional skills in a friendly and dynamic team environment, then please apply now by sending an up-to-date resume and cover letter detailing why you want to be a part of the Rhodes team to [email protected] with the title ‘Business Development Role’.
Please note: Applications without both a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Please do not telephone about this role without first submitting your resume and cover letter.