University Preparation Program
One of the special aspects of the RBS Diploma of Business (In School) program is our embedded university preparation program (UPP). At RBS, we believe preparation is one of the key foundations for success and, as such, our program ensures that students are well prepared for university life.
Throughout the year students attend regular UPP sessions covering the below topics:
- Time and self-management
- Impact of change and how to prepare for success
- The academic system
- Analysis, research, essay writing and referencing skills
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Examination techniques
- Note-taking at speed
- Becoming an independent learner
- Navigating online learning environments
- Library skills (on campus and online)
The program will also include guest speakers from universities to give insights as to what university life is like and how lectures etc. operate.
University visits will also be arranged for those students who wish to attend a campus tour to see first-hand how lectures are delivered.